Injection technology leader DryJect plans to introduce non-kiln-dried sand injected through its machines before the end of this year.

The development will be available through select regional service centers on a limited basis by October, then will be available through most of the company’s centers in late winter or early spring 2020.

DryJect engineered its unique hopper configuration to include rotating agitation and staged screening with vibratory assistance to assure effective flow from sand that is slightly damp to wet. Field testing revealed that the damp and wet sand applied through this special new design went out at about a 90 percent rate by volume as compared to kiln-dried sand.

That 10 percent discrepancy is largely from that same percentage of holes not receiving any sand. The remaining 90 percent of the holes with sand were filled just as full as the kiln dried process. For comparison, a 3 inch by 2 inch spacing at an approximate depth of 4 inches with kiln-dried sand will deliver 5.6 cubic feet of sand per 1,000 square feet. Using non-kiln dried sand — damp to wet — will deliver 5 cubic feet.